"bugs" die. Paint only takes 24-48 hours....bugs take basically forever...hahahaha!
Things have been pretty boring. I guess that's fine...just boring.
Last night she started having a high grade fever. It has continued through the night and today. Tylenol is not bringing it down.
I am worried about it.
Last night she was breathing strangely also. The Dr.'s felt like she wasn't syncing with the ventilator so they gave her some morphine. That seemed to help.
I didn't sleep well because my brain got carried away with worry. Ellie was also awake from at least 2 AM on.
This morning she is syncing well with the vent, but she still has a fever.
They did additional blood work during the night due to the fever. They don't think the fever is anything new, nothing is showing up on bloodwork.
Her CRP was down from 12 to 11 (headed in the right direction). CRP is the level of inflammation in the body.
They lowered her PEEP (Constant pressure) from 13 to 12 this morning. She has managed that OK until about 3 PM. Now she is a little agitated and biting on her tube and needs a little morphine.
The Dr. said if she could make it down to 40% on her FiO2 they would think about lowering the PEEP to 11. We have not gotten there yet. That felt fast to me. I don't want to push her too hard.
Her BG has been stable, so we have extended the BG checks out to every 12 hours.
I am mostly worried about her fever. I am worried she could have something else going on that we are not treating. The Dr.'s think it is just really hard to kill pseudomonas and it will take time.
I asked how much time...like weeks? or months?
They said days to weeks. Not months.
They are confident they will be able to kill the pseudomonas. They want us to consider going on Tobi all of the time at home to keep the pseudomonas at bay.
I am fine doing Tobi all of he time if we can get it approved by insurance. We will have to see.
******************
Medical Jokes







1 comment:
Waiting for healing sounds hard. Sorry Ellie and Mikael. ♥️
Post a Comment