Sunday, December 15, 2013

Status

This status is from 2 PM today (Sunday)
She is starting to wake up.  Her eyes are not constricting very quickly.  They are worried that she is, or may go into status (ongoing seizures).  They are going to do an eeg for 24 hours.  They are also going to give her phosphenetoin for a few days to ward off seizures (they gave her a dose of it last week...and another today).  I'm not too worried except for the eyes staying dilated.

Now a more recent update..

She has still been sleepy all day.  But she is responding (she wasn't this morning).
She has been smacking her tongue all day...I have no idea what she is trying to say.  I don't think it is a seizure because she can stop when I talk to her.  Her eyes seem to be a little better.

Everyone seems concerned about the seizures, when I keep telling them that the seizures increase when she is sick...they need to look for the cause, not just treat the symptom.  I think they are better at that on the floor, than in ICU.

Vitals have been good.  She is doing good.  We'll see what the EEG says.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I hope you all can figure out her new sign soon that the doctors can give her the help she needs. Wish I had some suggestions...

You are a great advocate for Ellie, Mikael. Keep at it because we all know (including you) that your imput is SOOOO valuable.

Hugs and Kisses for Ellie! xoxox