Thursday, December 19, 2013

Sleep study

Last night was her sleep study.  She had 1 time that her o2 dropped to 80, but her chest was still rising and falling, so it was not one of her regular scary desats.  Other than that she had no episodes.  SO basically it was fruitless.

Insurance will only pay for 1 sleep study per year.  (Although it may be billed differently if she is inpatient...I'm not sure).  So potentially we could do another one in January I think.

I think they have no options left to explore, so we may get to come home in a day or two.

A few new options I have come up with are...

Raising her onfi (seizure med) last week could have affected her obstructive sleep apnea by relaxing her airway.

I believe she is getting a higher dose of baclofen now (orally) since taking out the baclofen pump.  I believe this because #1) Physical therapy says she has gained 20 degrees in her elbows, #2) this may explain her tongue lolling out.  So a higher dose of baclofen could also contribute to obstructive sleep apnea by relaxing her airway.

No comments: