Sunday, December 8, 2013

Home

We are home...I knew this morning, but didn't want to jinx it by saying anything.  Last time I announced we were coming home we ended up staying several more days.

She is doing good.

The second blood culture never grew anything, so they say that she did not have a staph infection in her blood...PHEW!!!!!!!!

We are going to raise her nightime dose of her seizure med to try and get rid of her night-time desats.  It may be time to look seriously at the keto diet.  It has shown great success in seizure control.  I just don't don't know if I want to do one more big change right now.  I am trying to not plan anything close to when the baby is coming (Feb 1) and then I will need a while after to recoop...so I don't foresee when we would be able to do it....maybe summer???  It requires a few nights stay in the hospital.  I also don't want to be there during respiratory season either.

They also gave us ativan as an emergency med...but it didn't stop the seizures in the hospital, so it is unlikely to stop them here either.  We'll see.

We can also use ativan to give to her for 5-7 days while she is acutely ill to try and prevent seizures, the problem is that it makes her sleepy.  We'll see.

The ear culture had grown out rare pseudemonas and sensitivities had not been determined yet.  But they figure cipordex ear drops should cover it.

Her puffy hand and foot...they said must be postitional.  I highly doubt it.  We kept her hand and foot elevated for 2 days straight and the swelling did not go down.  But they were ready for us to go and we were more than ready, so we will keep an eye on it.  If it gets worse we will have to take her back in.


2 comments:

As Molly Turns... said...

Glad she is home!

Amy said...

It always makes me a little nervous when Ellie is sent home from the hospital and she's not quite all better, but there's nothing really serious to keep her there either so, WELCOME HOME!