After that she had a perfect night. Perfect vitals, no leaking mask, no drops in temperature, no suctioning, no waking up.
It is not ideal to run vanc (the new antibiotic) through a peripheral IV (a regular IV). It is better to run it through a central line. But she doesn't have a central line (unfortunately her PICC line was pulled on Tuesday). So this morning when they started her vanc she started crying. The nurse turned down the rate and she stopped crying, but the IV infiltrated. So she had to get a new IV.
Also, I cannot figure out what is the difference, but she always gets worse sores on the bridge of her nose from the bipap mask in the hospital. It happens at home, but not nearly as bad. It is her mask from home, I put it on the exact same, I tighten it the same, I don't let anyone touch it but me. I try and have her head the same and the elevation of the bed the same. The only difference is the bipap machine itself. I think it is more powerful than the home one, so I think I have to tighten the straps a little tighter than normal. I have asked if it would be the same pressure and they say yes. But I don't think that can be true. It feels more powerful and sounds more powerful. They will not let you use your home bipap machine unfortunately.
She is awake so far this morning. Her nose was congested. I sucked out a ton of really thick stuff, but it was all upper airway (nothing in her lungs).
1 comment:
First of all, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Glad you could still celebrate, albeit, a different plan. :)
I need to have a talk with Ellie. She is not allowed to go all dramatic with her stats and stuff, just because you leave. Just makes things too scary and crazy. ;)
And as always, I'm very grateful her stats did come up, her breathing improved and she's ok!!
Post a Comment