So even with her bi-pap and 2 liters of o2 last night her sats hovered at 90%. Not good.
THis morning off bi-pap and o2 they were 87%. I suctioned and did CPT (firmly pound all over her torso to loosen things up). THey came up to 94% with no o2 for about 10 minutes. Now we are back down to 90%.
I think I'll have to have them switch out my pediatric o2 concentrator for an adult. The pediatric only goes up to 2 liters. I do have an M-tank (big tank of o2) on hand that can go higher, but would rather use a concentrator since it's an endless supply. THe concentrator pulls air in and breaks apart the molecules and spits out pure o2. THe tank is compressed o2. WHen the tank is empty the o2 is gone. I hate to make them come out on a saturday to switch it, but oh well.
Her breathing sounds congested. It's hard to know when to take her in. ANd where to take her in. If we have time (meaning not a total emergency) it's better to make the trip to Primary CHildren's ER. Otherwise if you go to the Dr or the local ER then they send you to PCMC it takes a lot longer. Primary's is very particular. Even if another ER ran a test or an x-ray, Primary's ER will redo it. I'm not kidding. If you got an IV at another hospital, Primary's will put in their own. It is kind of annoying, yet comforting at the same time. It is annoying because you have to do everything twice. Yet comforting because they are so thorough and have such confidence in their own. But what does it say about their confidence in other institutions?
BUt like this time, we were just there on Wed night. THey did a chest x-ray and it was cloudy but not a focal pnemonia. But her sats were good then too. THey don't really take you seriously until your sats are down. Well her sats are down now. BUt they are ok (not great) on o2. THey really can't do anything for her there that I can't do for her here except the following: monitor her at night more closely, write prescriptions, be on hand in case things take a turn for the worse, do tests like x-rays.
SHe has been awake and smiling today. Her heartrate is a little high, 110.
Time do draw her meds and put her on the wiggly jiggly (vibrating vest).
1 comment:
Mikelle -
You are my hero. Every time I read about sweet Ellie, I am amazed at her spirit and your sacrifice. I know at as a mother, you probably don't consider it sacrifice, but you amaze me. There are many of us out here praying for you and little miss Ellie.
Becki
Post a Comment