Lame post title, I know!
Ellie still has an occasional junky cough. But she is maintaining her oxygen in the mid 90's.
Her bum is completely better.
Last Fri morning I called and made an appt with her Dr (for her continuing cough). Well a few minutes later my respite worker called me in because her right ear was full of blood. This has happened before. I assumed it was a ruptured eardrum. I already had a Dr. appt so I just added it onto my mental list of things to talk to the Dr. about.
He thought the blood was either from trauma (like something being shoved in her ear (which is not likely), or possibly from her ear tube coming out. He couldn't tell because there was too much blood. He wanted us to do ear drops (which we just did a few weeks ago). He also wrote a prescription for an anitibiotic. But wanted us to hold off on the antibiotic. If she started getting worse or if the cough kept going on, then fill the prescription.
We haven't filled it yet. She might be miniscually better. But definitely not worse.
I can tell she is still sick because she has been normal body temperature. SHe feels warm to the touch, not ice cold like normal, plus the cough, plus her heartrate had been higher in the morning and at night.
Last nigt er heartrate seemed more normal. So maybe she is kicking this thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment