So last night back in the ER...The swab they did to see if she had an overgrowth of bad bacteria in her vagina came back negative. SO they did 2 more swabs to test for strep (in the vagina) and gonnorrhea and chlamidia or maybe it was syphilus?(2 STD's). I said," now gonorrhea and clamidia are sexually transmitted diseases, is there any other way to contract them?" She said no. She said we don't suspect anything will show up on them but we feel like we need to test for it. I'm kind of freaking out about it. I completely trust everyone who takes care of her. I am praying for strep. We won't know for 2 days. I almost wished I hadn't asked what they were testing for. Not really. But almost.
The snot culture results will be in this morning.
THey gave us two presciptions: amoxicillan and a one dose something or other. THey are treating as if it is Strep.
No comments:
Post a Comment