THe surgery is still on. She has been taken back to the OR. THe anestesiologist said that even if we postponed it 6 weeks, she could still be in the same situation then (with a sinus infection). WHich is really a valid point. He said that she might still be intubated after (in the ICU). WHich I wasn't counting on. ALthough I really hate seeing her intubated (it reminds me af really scary---dark times). But we can do it for a day or so.
Dr. Park (ENT) is first. He is doing her tubes in her ears and sinus cleanout. He thought his portion would take about an hour. THey took her back about 7:30 or 7:45. BUt of course it takes time to prep her and hook her up to monitors and get her to sleep.
THen Dr. Santora is doing her feet. Only surgery on the Left one. But there will be casts on both. He thought he would take an hour and a half. After the surgery he is going to mold her feet for new braces. THen but the casts on. SHe will need her cast on the left foot for about 6 weeks. THey will probably change it out at about 1 or 2 weeks for swelling. I don't know how long the cast will be on her right foot. WIth her other serial casting what they say is that if you gain 5 degrees in a week then they will keep going. But as soon as you stop gaining range of motion then they stop the casting process. I don't know if they will follow that same protocol or not.
I feel calm and good that they went ahead with the surgery. It will all turn out fine and will hopefuilly help her a lot.
1 comment:
Good Luck Ellie!!! You too Mikael and Jason! If you need anything, I would love to help out!
Post a Comment