Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pain

Well, yesterday I was in shock at how well she was doing.  Her heartrate stayed low (= low pain).  SHe was not crying or grimacing.  She was awake and even smiled some.

Last night however, the story changed.  Around 6 PM she started grimacing, groaning, crying.  We have been giving her pain meds non-stop since then, but they don't last the full 3 hours before she wants more.  They last about 2.5 hours.  She is getting Lortab and ibuprofen.

Her ears are draining.  Her Left ear has a bloody discharge (not stright blood though) and her Right ear is draining TONS of yellow fluid.  I can change her cotton 5 or more times a day and it is soaked through.  I called ENT this morning about it.  THey said that she probably has an ear infection draining.  To just keep doing the ear drops.

Right now she is comfortable and listening to Mickey Mouse/Disney songs on CD.

It is definitely her leg or legs that are causing the pain, not the ears. 

She has to go back in on Monday to get her casts changed out.  THey will do it at Shriners and they will do it under anesthesia.  They will also cast her feet for new DAFO's (foot braces).

4 comments:

Chels said...

Oh, that's not good! I hope it doesn't last long. I like Mickey Mouse music too Ellie!!

Chris said...

Oh Ellie-so sorry to hear that you are hurting! I guess it is good that your ear is draining, maybe that will help the pressure at least. I hope your legs start to feel better quickly. We are all thinking of you and love ya lots!
Christianne, Jake, Cassie, Luke, Eliza, Sophie and even Josie! :-)

Gina said...

I'm sorry that you have been in pain. I hope today is a lot better for you.

Gina said...

Ellie, Mrs. Clark and Mrs. Marshall asked how you are doing. They said to tell you to get well soon. They miss you at school.