A few weeks ago (maybe 2) I took her to the Dr. for upper airway congestion. He sent us home saying it was just a cold.
On Wed I took her back in to the Dr. because she still had upper airway congestion. He saw a lump and an ear infection in her left ear. We went home and started augmentin that night.
Sat and Sun I was sucking out TONS and TONS of stuff from her. It seemed like it was in her throat, not her nose. (but I was going through her nose to get to her throat). She just didn't seem to be getting better. Usually the antibiotics kick in pretty fast and she starts feeling better. But I thought she was actually doing worse.
We debated about maybe all the gunk was actually doing better because it was breaking up and clearing out. But I decided to take her to instacare on Sunday anyway. Also on Sat night the gunk I was sucking was foamy not snotty. With her previous pnemonia her snot was foamy also.
At instacare they did x-rays and found a slight pnemonia. Just a little effusion (or is it diffusion?) around the right lung. The Dr. said he would write us a prescription and we could go home or if we were worried then we could go down to primary's. We opted to go to Primary's.
The Dr. in the ER was a jerk. He acted like "why are you here?" He said the pnemonia was so slight that he wasn't sure why we had come to the ER. He still ran blood, urine tests.
Her temp was super low 33 int he ER. THey gave her warm IV fluids (that was pretty cool) and piled on the warm blankets. It brought up her temp by about 1 degree.
Her blood came back a little off. They were worried that maybe she was starting to get a bacterial blood infection.
If she only had the pnemonia then they would have sent us home. But with the blood work they decided to admit us. Since it was late SUnday night they put us in PICU because of her bi-pap at night. The floor is not great at handling it, especially on the weekend and late at night. The other reason for putting her in ICU was her potential for things to go really bad during the night.
They sucked a ton of stuff out of her during the night. This morning she is awake, which she has been really sleepy for a few days now. She felt VERY hot to me today. But they said her temp was only 36. (38 is normal) (35-36 is her normal).
The plan is to give her IV antibiotics and go home in a few days. Here's hoping.
1 comment:
I wondered where Ellie was yesterday at Church. I'm so sorry she's not feeling well! Get better soon, Ellie! Love you! Mikael, if you need me to watch the girls (or if you need anything else), please let me know!
Post a Comment