The C-diff results were negative. (The one they tested her stool for because of the diarrhea...you know...when the bad bacteria in the gut takes over because of antibiotics).
Special Care consulted with neurology and they both say neurontin wouldn't cause more siezures...it is actually used as a secondary seizure med. (actually neurology said it has a 0.6 chance of increased seizures). So they want to continue the neurontin and go up to the originally prescribed 3 doses (I have only been giving 2 because of the seizures and a third dose requires getting forms filled out for school to give it to her...and honestly I just don't like 3 a day meds). I am willing to try it, but.........I am not hopeful.
The neurontin is helping her pain I think, however, maybe it's just because the bulge is gone.
We can't be having seizures and being sleepy.
Give it some time, give it some time. (That is my brain talking to my brain).
In the last week I have seen her heart-rate below 100 several times...so that is good. I am assuming that means less pain.
I really, really need a tricorder about now. (If you don't know what that is, then you need to become versed in Star Trek).
I have a call in to Roz to check on her blood results, so I should know later today.
1 comment:
What about trying topomax? I dislike neurontin and to increase her dose you are going to get some drowsiness.
Post a Comment