Saturday, May 28, 2011

Test results

So the reason the Dr. cultured the "snot" in her ear is because he thought it might be something bad like pseudomonas or something...

Well, it is...it is staph.

It is resistant to amoxicillan so they are switching to a different antibiotic and continuing the ear drops.

She hasn't had any more bloody noses since starting the antibiotic (amoxicillan).  The Dr. thought she was getting blooding noses from them being so inflamed.  She has been really happy the first 2 days of the amoxicillan, lots of smiles.

So we'll pick up the new antibiotic today.

We are in this really bad cycle of antibiotic...diarrhea...culturelle...constipation...hemmorroids...inflammation...pain...bowel cleanout...diarrhea...etc...we can't seem to get through a cycle and get back to being "regular" before it is time to start new antibiotics.  (and yes, I do give her culturelle while on antibiotics).

She is always happier on antibiotics.  We have been discussing with her allergist/immunologist a test he wants to run.  He wants to do blood work, then inject her with dead pnemonia strains.  Then do more bloodwork to see how her body reacts to the pnemonia.  He thinks she might need to be on antibiotics all of the time.  We were going to start the process last week, but when we went in I said that I thought she was getting sick, so I asked if we should wait.  He said to wait 10 days after she feels better.

I am afraid with how often she goes on antibiotics she becoming more resistant and developing stronger bugs.  But what can you do?  She needs them as often as she needs them.

No comments: