Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Update

Ellie is doing well. SHe hasn't dropped her temp for a while now. Over the weekend she was up a little into the 97 point somethings.

Heartrate is still dropping on some nights into the 30's. Maybe it has always done it. I don't know?!?!? On those nights I either sleep with her or sit by her bed.

So the last 2 nights her temp has been reading in the 95's or 96's, but er heartrate has still been dropping. I still try warming her up with a heater and electric blanket. When the monitor starts alarming I pinch her or startle her to bring up her heartrate. Once the room gets warmer (over 80 degrees) then her heartrate seems to stay in the mid 40's. THen I can turn down the heat and go to bed.

Typically I leave her door open so that I can hear her alarms and her breathing, but to keep the heat in we have been closing the door. But then I can't hear the alarms very well. Something is wrong with our baby monitors. I will have to look at them when I'm not so sleepy.

Around 7 PM she has been crying to go to bed.

We have started checking her heeartrate before we give her sleeping pill. It is already low then we only give her 1/4. But then I don't think she sleeps well and then she is tired the nxt day. She really needs 1/2 (normal dose) but I'm afraid it will lower her heartrate even more.

No comments: