Okay---so she doesn't have RSV. But she does have the Human Metapneumo Virus.
She is doing well. She is down to 1/2 liter of oxygen during the day. They had her at 3 liters during the night. But I think they could have weened it down.
Today's plan is to ween the daytime Oxygen. Then we might go home tomorrow.
All labs look good.
She is awake and happy.
Her temp has been in the 98 F range. Which is higher than normal (her norm is 95-96.5). But she hasn't spiked any fevers.
I can't remember if I said this...They cut her CLonidine in half. (The clonidine was to level out her temps). They lowered it to avoid her low heartrates. So far since lowering it she hasn't dropped. But then again she has a slight fever and is sick so her heartrate would be elevated.
She has not been crying any more.
Her liver enzymes are off. They are going to talk to gastroenterology about it. It could just be the virus.
We are supposed to follow up with endocrinology about her blood sugar, thyroid, cortisol etc...
I think I might also make an appt with metabolics.
1 comment:
I'm glad it's not RSV. I hope the antibiotics kick in soon and you get to go home.
Post a Comment