Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Another long night

Last night was weird. She was asleep and her heartrate kept dropping into the 30's (like it does when her temp drops). But her temp was fine (95.7). She has been consistently running in the 95's or 96's.

THe Dr. said if her heartrate drops to stimulate her. Basically hurt her. Like pinch her fingers, etc... To get her heartrate up. So I did. It would bring it up for a few seconds but would immediately go back down.

After a while of that I decided to turn up the space heaters and electric blanket and see what happened. Her heartrate started raising. I climbed in bed with her to make sure she didn't get too hot. I fell asleep in bed with her and woke up at 5 AM.

THe heat brought her heartrate up. WHat does this mean?

I suppose I should have taken a rectal temp. But she was asleep and I was tired too.

Anyway, weird!

Tormorrow we pick up a holter monitor. It will strap to her and she will wear it around for a few days to monitor her heart rhythms.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yes, what does that mean? Hmm. I can't believe her heart rate can go so low! Scary.

Hopefully the monitor will bring in some new helpful data...