Wednesday, March 6, 2019

We are home---Wed 3/6/19 @ 10 PM---(Post #55)

We got discharged today.  Th Dr. told us we could go home at about 9 AM.  We left the hospital at 4:45 PM...I am NOT kidding.   SOOOOOOOOO SLOW!!!!!!


Anyway, then of course we were hitting rush hour traffic and I was so tired.  I tried to pull off once to take a little nap, but then I woke up before pulling over, but I had already gotten off the highway, so I just kept driving and took a little detour...hahaha.

I made it home at 6:03 PM.

The delivery driver was meeting me at home at 6 PM with her IV antibiotics.

She was due to have her next dose of IV antibiotic at 6 PM.

So we hurried and called the homecare nurse to come get us set up and finish teaching us.  (We have done the PICC and IV antibiotics at home twice before...but it has been a few years so we needed a refresher course).

I asked Jason afterwards if he (the nurse) was the worst teacher ever or if I was just grumpy.  He said he wasn't a great teacher, but I was also grumpy....hahaha.  I'm sticking with my..."he seemed like the worst teacher ever."  Good thing we both mostly knew how to do IV's anyway, otherwise we would have no idea what we were doing if it was only based on his teaching.

We only need to do the IV antibiotic Thur and Fri and then she will have completed her 3 week course.  Infectious Disease is confident that 3 weeks will kill the Superbug.  (Especially after seeing how good her CRP --level of inflammation---has been the last week or so.)

So we can pull out her PICC in 2 days.  I'm sure I could do it myself, but they are going to send Homecare out to do it.  That's fine.

Before we came home Jason sanitized every surface in Ellie's room.

After I got home we threw away any medical things we could from her room.  Suction canister and tubing, bipap tubing, nebulizer tubing, nebulizer cups, nebulizer masks, nasal cannula, etc.  And we replaced it with all new stuff.  Good thing I'm a hoarder...I mean boy scout...I had enough of everything on hand without ordering anything new.

I am sooooooooooo tired.  Emotionally tired.  But glad to be home.












2 comments:

Amy said...

Yahoo!!! Glad you’re home! You are an excellent Boy Scout Mikael.

Kari said...

You are amazingly awesome
So glad you are home.