Yesterday school called and said "what should we do if her oxygen is at 58?". I repeated back incredulously" FIFTY-eight???" They said yes 58.
I asked if they had the heartrate and oxygen mixed up. They said no.
I asked if her chest was rising and falling, they said yes.
I said to call 911.
I was just walking into my college class and had to ride the shuttle back to my car so it took me about 20 minutes to get to Ellie's school.
I called several times along the way to see how she was doing. After the initial 58, her oxygen was trending in the 70's or 80's. Not quite as concerning. But still low.
As I was still on my way I spoke with the EMT and asked if they had suction because I figured that she probably just needed to be suctioned. They said yes.
Once I got there the EMT's had oxygen on her and her sats were in the low 90's (which is good). I suctioned her out good and made her cough a few times and her oxygen popped up into the high 90's.
She did fine the rest of the day after coughing up some stuff with the suctioning.
They did not need to transport her to a hospital. She stayed at school and was great.
The night before she had a PERFECT night. Niether Jason or I got up even once with her (which is really unusual). Lately she has needed to be suctioned at least twice per night to keep her oxygen up. She seems to do better when she is awake during the day. But during the night with the sleeping pill depressing her breathing and the bi-pap pushing the junk into her lungs, she needs a little more support. The pnemonia doesn't seem to have fully cleared yet.
So when I woke up and realized she had a PERFECT night I was relieved. But I think this is what caused her problems during the day. I think she hadn't coughed up her junk at night, so then it blocked her airways that morning.
Today she was good at school. They didn't even have to call 911 or anything...Now that is what I call a successful day at school...wouldn't you?
1 comment:
Wow! I didn't know you had had to call 911! Glad you and the EMTs were able to get Ellie back to safety. Whew...and she got to finish the day at school. Bonus!
I guess a perfect night kind of robs Peter to pay Paul :/
Love you joke at the end of your post! Definitely a successful day.
Post a Comment