The other day we got her wheelchair adjusted and they added pads to on the outseide of her knees to hold them in so they weren't frogging out so much...Today we noticed she had a bedsore on the the outside of her left knee.
Then I found a sore on the inside of her cheek (left side).
And her right ear had been draing during the night.
Crazy. We found all of those things this morning.
I called to get her in with her ped for the ear and the only time they had today was at the same time she was supposed to have an eye Dr. appt. So I took the appt with the ped and had to change the eye Dr. appt to Thur. (thankfully it wasn't a primary childrens Dr. or I would have had to wait 3 months for a new appt.).
The sore inside her mouth...those just happen I think usually from a seizure that she bit her cheek or her lip. They just get better after a week or so.
The sore on her knee (pressure sore) I will have to call the wheelchair shop and probably go back to SLC. They do have someone who will come out to your house...but I do not care for her. Maybe for something minor like this she would suffice, it would save me a trip to SLC.
They did blood work yesterday (remember it has been bad for a few weeks), I'm assuming it's still bad...especially now if she has an ear infection. I will have to call and check. They have more blood work scheduled for Thur also. Thankfully they have been able to get the bloodwork done through homecare...so a nurse comes to our home or to the school and draws the blood up, rather than me having to check her out of school and take her to the lab, or wait until after school and load up all of the kids and go to the lab. That had been a HUGE blessing for me.
I think since switching to the new antibiotic she seems much more congested, mabe it's not doing it's trick. I will have to talk to Roz about it. But they have said multiple times that they are running out of options of antibiotics to switch to.
I feel like we are not out of the woods yet with the whole surgery infection thing. Every turn we take there is some new creature waiting to jump out and scare us. Not like a bear waiting to attack, but more like a skunk...harmless, but makes you jump and makes you cautious.
Well there goes my day...it will be spent making phone calls and chasing down Dr.'s. Yippee Skippee!
No comments:
Post a Comment