Saturday, April 28, 2012

On again, off again

She has been asleep on and off today.  While asleep she will drop her sats and turn blue.  So we decided for now she has to wear her mask when she is asleep.

Here is a comparison of yesterday versus today..

Yesterday:
No pee, low body temp (92 F), Asleep in morning when I gave her ritalin, but asleep the entire day after that, sats great all day.

Today:
Some pee, some poop, slightly low body temp (94 F) (not bad), awake and asleep off and on throughout the day, dropping sats while asleep.

I like the awake off and on, but not the dropping sats.

I still think she is doing well.

Neurosurgery came by and they said they think the ventricles are actually a little smaller.  They don't think any adjustments need to be made (or surgery).  Jason asked if the smaller ventricles could be causing problems.  They said no.  Neurosurgery does not think that her hydrocephalus has anything to do with her sleepiness.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hope you both have a good night tonight!