Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween Hatred

Ellie's least favorite holiday is Halloween. We dress her up... she doesn't like any hats or wigs or makeup at all. Then we take her out in the cold which she hates and medically can't tolerate. She has to sit in her chair for long periods of time...another black mark in her book. And the purpose of halloween is to get candy...which she can't eat (only licks)!

She has been inpatient at Primary Children's on 2 previous Halloween's.

This year she hatched a plan and decided that the hospital was better than the torture which we call Halloween. So she decided to get pneumonia.

She has had a cold since the 17th. But nothing too drastic. Things changed this morning. She was really struggling to breathe. We hurried through her morning routine and then drove to the emergency room at Primary's.

We spent a plethora of hours there. I suspected Pneumonia and the Dr.'s confirmed it. But since she was stable at the time they sent us home with antibiotics.

So her Halloween plan partially backfired. She didn't get admitted to the hospital, but I did stay home with her and let her skip Halloween this year.

The good news is...the costume I have been planning for her for literally OVER a year I can save for next year when the torture will continue.

PS I am a little worried to be home...we had a rough night last night and a REALLY rough morning...It was highly escalated from her norm. But she has been doing well and has been stable all day.

I just need to concoct an overnight plan to make it a little less rough tonight ...which may involve parents staying awake all night and middle of the night breathing treatments for Ellie. She may regret her devious "get out of Halloween plan" after all. #TeenagersThrowTheBiggestFits

No comments: