Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Long time ...no write

I haven't posted since Christmas...whoops.  Well it's only been 4.5 months.

Let's see...she finished the 6 months of anitibiotics she had to do after her spine surgery got infected.  That was about 2 months ago, and so far no infection.  That is really good news.  It is possible for the infection to return, but not likely.  Her blood work 2 weeks ago looked fantastic.

She has had several ear infections, enough that it is time to graduate from her pediatrician and go back to ENT.  I have decided to switch ENT Dr.'s.  We are going to try Dr. Grimmer.

We saw pulmonology and decided to lower her bi-pap just a tad.  But the Dr. thought she looked and sounded good.  Her breath sounds in her lower right quadrant were diminished...but still OK...probably just her normal.  I talked with her about how she has been congested (upper airway) all winter.  We normally only have to suction her when she is sick.  But this winter we have been unable to go a day without suctioning.  She thought that perhaps she might have a bacteria inside her nose and so she wrote for an antibiotic cream to put inside her nose for 10 days.  She also thought we should see ENT about it.

Dr. Klatt, that did her spine surgery, thinks her spine looks great.  The bad news is he is moving to Colorado in September.  We are terribly saddened by this.  He was our new favorite Dr.  Along with Dr. Murphy. and Dr. Gabrielson.  Thankfully her spine is done and she probably won't need her hips done, (cross fingers) we might not need another orthopedic surgeon.

Dr. Murphy raised her baclofen pump (which relaxes her muscles) and stopped her botox injections.  Dr. Murphy also doubled her morning ritalin because it was taking Ellie about 2.5 hours to wake up after giving her dose of ritalin.  It has worked great.

Ellie had to go back on allergy meds and nasal spray due to spring allergies.

We went on a family vacation to St. George.  It was fun, but Ellie had an ear infection, so the first part of the week she was not feeling well.  Then we got eardrops and that seemed to perk her up a bit.  Traveling is TOUGH with Ellie.  We did not have our respite worker come with us.  It was a lot of work for Mom and Dad.  I know I shouldn't complain, half of families with a child with disabilities don't have  a respite worker.  But we do and it is rough without her.  Overall we had fun though.

I can't think of anymore previous stuff...so on to today...

Maybe tomorrow.  I'm tired.  Goodnight.

No comments: