Monday, November 5, 2012

Bloodwork is off

We met with Roz on Thur and had blood drawn that day.  Her white blood count was down.  It is normally in the 2000 range and hers was 500.  They thought it was probably just a virus, but said that it could be something more (like the infection returning or the antibiotics weren't working or something.)  So they wanted us to keep her home from school and church Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon and they would draw more labs today (Monday) and labs again on next Fri.

They said they would feel better if someone else in the family came down with something (like a cold) then they would really think it was a virus.

Well guess what, over the weekend, Jason had a head cold and I had 3 other pueking kids (not Ellie---just everyone else).  And then Jason came home from work with a tummy ache today.

I have managed to stay healthy, knock on wood.  Mom's aren't allowed to get sick you know!

And I dare say they shouldn't be worried about her blood anymore.

I have not heard the results yet from the blood drawn today, but I am no longer worried.

Now back to washing every towel and every sheet and blanket in the entire house due to you know what-yuck!

1 comment:

Jennifer Adams said...

Yes, Mom's are not allowed to get sick- funny. All the kids in my house have been or are sick with a bad rhino virus respiratory bug. Hope it gets better.