So Ellie is in trouble....she started a fire in her room last night!!!
Okay, not really...
But Mom and Dad did. We had too many of her machines plugged into one power strip and it melted the power strip and turned the outlet and the surrounding wall black.
There were no flames, just a melting plastic smell and the black wall.
It was still really scary!
Around 6:30 this morning all of Ellie's machines started alarming, like the power went out. I got up and tried turning them off and on, I checked the breaker, etc...I ran out of ideas so I called Jason. He came in and started trying the same things I already tried. Then he moved her feeding pump bag (which was covering the outlet). The wall and plug were black.
We thought there could be a fire in the wall so we moved Ellie out. We turned off the breaker. Jason removed the cover and the outlet. The wiring seemed to be fine so he put a new outlet in.
I had just repainted her room and will now have to repaint that area again. Oh well! At least we still have a house to paint.
The power strip "burned" us and saved us at the same time. It allowed us to plug too many things in (still our stupid mistake--- I know!). But then it shut down when it melted which I'm assuming is the way it was designed.
I really feel blessed today. It could have been so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so much worse!!!!! I could have nothing today except my family. And maybe not even that! The Lord truly does bless and keep us.
This week is my spring break from school (but not the kids spring break). I have got to, got to, got to get Ellie's furniture in her room painted. It is my old furniture from when I was a kid. It was a dark brown and I am painting it a bright white.
2 comments:
Scary!! So glad it is all okay and that the Lord is watching over your fam!
I hope Ellie is feeling much better and that spring will let the sunshine in!
Hi Ellie! I miss being your teacher but I'm glad my daughter Hannah can be in Activity Days with you! ☺
That's scary about the scorching! That happened to me when I was a kid... my Mom came and woke me up in the middle of the night and made me go sleep on the couch. When she was checking on me, it smelled funny in my room. The next day, the plug was black. I'm so glad things were not worse!
Hurrah on the paint!! That is a summer goal of mine for 2 or 3 or 4 bedrooms. :D
Post a Comment